Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge, located at 307 Cundles Road East, Barrie, ON, L4M 0G9, is currently looking for applications for the role of Cook who is a self-motivated individual with excellent interpersonal skills. The candidate who got selected will be required to start work as soon as possible. The role being offered is Permanent employment or Full time. The assigned Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning may involve shift timings.
Employer Name: Symposium Cafe Restaurant & Lounge
No. of vacancies: 3 vacancies
Salary: $17.00 hourly
Job type: Permanent employment – Full time
Shift: Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
Job location: 307 Cundles Road East, Barrie, ON, L4M 0G9
- The competitor must be able to speak English fluently.
- The competitor should have a minimum secondary (high) graduation certificate qualification.
- The aspirant must have a minimum work experience of 7 months to less than one year to apply for this position.
- The contestant should prepare and cook complete meals or individual dishes as the dietitian or chef instructs.
- The applicant should prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances and allow customers to filter out foods by their allergy.
- The employee should plan menus, determine the size of food portions, estimate food requirements and costs, and monitor and order supplies to create consistent menus regarding their quality characteristics, costs and selling prices from day to day.
- The employee should inspect kitchens and food service areas helps consumers know they are handling foods safely and preventing microbes from multiplying.
- The applicant should train staff in preparing, cooking and handling food and good food safety practices.
- The competitor can supervise kitchen staff and helpers.
- Job seekers will organize and manage buffets and banquets.
- Employees should work in generally fast-paced restaurants that require the utmost efficiency.
- The aspirant must work in a café operates more like a coffee shop than a traditional breakroom, emphasized with decorations such as bar stools and other lounge furniture
- The aspirant must have excellent oral communication to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, and non-verbal communication skills to multiple audiences and listen for meaning and understanding.
- The candidate should have flexibility skills and deal with unexpected challenges quickly, calmly, and efficiently.
- The aspirant must have good initiative skills that can help a company grow and surpass its competitors.
- Aspirants must have strong judgment skills to make effective decisions in critical situations or dilemmas.
- The aspirant must be organized and allow you to use your resources efficiently and effectively.
- The applicant should be a good team player to ensure the team succeeds with all tasks, duties, and projects.
Work Conditions Physical Capabilities
- The aspirant should pay attention to detail to maintain efficiency while producing accurate work.
- The employee should be ready to work in a fast-paced environment that teaches many new skills to juggle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- The aspirant should work overtime if required to make a more productive workforce.
- The contestant should be able to perform the physically demanding job and improve the contestant’s ability to do everyday activities.
- The applicant should work under pressure and perform well.
How to Apply
Please utilize the provided options to submit your application if you wish to apply.
Email to apply: